RAFFLE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This raffle is conducted by San Diego Automotive Museum, Inc. (SDAM), located at 2080 Pan American Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101. SDAM is a non-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and as defined by California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 23701d . All proceeds, less expenses, will benefit the SDAM operational needs.
- The raffle will be conducted from July 26, 2021 to October 16, 2021 with entries available through 12:01 a.m. on October 16, 2021. The SDAM reserves the right to sell a limited number of entries on the day of the drawing.
- The odds of winning are dependent on the number of valid entries.
- Donors must make donation to the SDAM on webpage, by phone, or through US postal service. Donor must legibly write their name, address, phone number and email address (if applicable) on donor form.
- If more than one name is listed on the entry, the first name listed shall be considered the “entrant.” The SDAM shall, will and can have no obligation for delivery of any prize to any person other than the entrant.
- Minors may not purchase or have their names identified as entrants.
- San Diego Automotive Museum employees, members of the Board of Trustees, authorized agents thereof, consultants, attorneys, independent account firm and their spouses and children living in the same house hold are not excluded from participating and are eligible to win.
- Payment for the entries shall be made in “good money” which may be cash, check, credit card, debit card. Checks should be made payable to “San Diego Automotive Museum.” If any purchaser’s check is dishonored by the bank, the raffle ticket will be declared invalid unless and until full payment in “good money” is made prior to the drawing. All purchases are final and no refunds will be issued.
- Winner will be picked publicly at random drawing to be held at on October 16, 2021 on at the All Revved Up! Gala
- Winner need not be present to win. Winner will be contacted on October 17, 2021, and posted to SDAM social media on October 16, 2021.
- Winner agree to allow use of their name or likeness for publicity purposes without compensation.
- Prize to be given away- Prize a 2021 Ford Mustang or $30,000. In the event that the raffle sales are less than $45,000 total than the winner of the raffle will receive half the money raised.
- DESCRIPTION of Prize Vehicle
- MUSTANG ECOBOOST CONV PREMIUM
- SHADOW BLACK- Exterior
- ACTIVEX SEATING MATERIAL
- EBONY- Exterior
- EQUIPMENT GROUP 200A
- .18 MACH ALUM HIGH GLS BLK WHL
- 2.3L ECOBOOST 310HP
- 10-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANS
- P235/50R18 BSW ALL-SEAS TIRE
- Winner must provide one form of picture identification and winner must complete and sign an IRS Form 5754, which requires a social security number or tax ID number. Delivery of the prize shall be made solely to the entrant based on providing the raffle ticket stub, picture identification, and, when required, a social security number/tax ID number and completion of a W-9.
- Winner is subject to all Federal and State tax regulations and payment of any taxes is the sole responsibility of each winner. The SDAM will file reports pertaining to prizes that are more than $600 and 300 times the amount paid for the winning ticket, to the applicable federal and state taxing authorities including, but not limited to, IRS Form W- 2G.
- Winners acknowledge that the SDAM, its Staff, Volunteers, Officers, its agents and representatives have not made and neither are they in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee expressed or implied in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular use.
- If the winner cannot be reached at the phone number, email address or mailing address provided for any reason by December 15, 2021, a disqualification will result, and an alternate winner will be drawn.
- A copy of all rules and eligibility requirements will be posted in the SDAM entrance and on the web page.
- San Diego Automotive Museum Employees and members of the Board of Trustees, are not excluded from participating and are eligible to win.
- The decision of the CEO and the Board of Directors of the SDAM shall be final on all matters concerning the raffle.
BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE (1) TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE RULES, LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS SET FORTH HERE AND (2) THAT THEIR NAMES AND/OR LIKENESSES MAY BE DISCLOSED TO AND USED BY THE NEWS MEDIA AND MAY OTHERWISE BE USED BY SDAM FOR PUBLICITY PURPOSES AND IN LISTS OF PRIZE WINNERS TO BE PUBLISHED IN AREA NEWSPAPERS AND ANNOUNCED ON THE SDAM RAFFLE WEBSITE. OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY APPLY. PLEASE CONTACT SDAM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. SDAM’s INTERPRETATION AND APPLICATION OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL BE FINAL.
BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, EACH PARTICIPANT RELEASES SDAM, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR WINNING ANY PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, AND EACH WINNER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD MCASB HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND RISING IN CONNECTION WITH OR AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR THE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES THE PROVISIONS OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 WHICH STATES THE FOLLOWING: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR”.
Entries are $100 each. Only one method of payment, one name, and one mailing address are permitted per ticket pack. Only one eligible person may be entered in the raffle per ticket sold. If the name of more than one person is submitted with a ticket purchase, and that ticket is selected as a winning ticket, then the person named first will be deemed the holder of record of that ticket and declared the winner. Division of prize by a group purchasing a ticket in common shall be to the sole responsibility of the person named as the holder of record of that ticket, should that ticket be selected as a winner.
SDAM reserves the right to reject any entry form that is submitted with payment that does not constitute “good funds”. All defective or physically altered entry forms will be immediately disqualified by SDAM. Prior to the drawing, SDAM will make a reasonable effort to notify the individual and/or entity that submits such an entry form or one which has been rejected because the credit card or check did not clear and that the entry has been rejected by attempting to make contact through the information provided at the time of submitting the purchase request. All donations for entries must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline. SDAM assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
A RAFFLE PARTICIPANT’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR SDAM’S BREACH SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR HIS OR HER RAFFLE TICKET(S). IN NO EVENT SHALL SDAM, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURIES TO EARNINGS, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
How to Purchase
An individual can receive as many entries as he or she may wish, subject to availability.
To get an entry: make a donation in the amount of $100. All entries must include payment by check, money order or credit card.
SDAM reserves the right to reject any entry form that is submitted with payment that does not constitute “good funds”. No refunds will be made except under the following circumstances: No other refunds are available except in the exclusive discretion of SDAM. SDAM assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONITIONS
At the time of closing, all federal and state income taxes and sales tax based on the value of the new 2021 Ford Mustang ($43,000) will be due from the winner. SDAM makes no guarantee that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will accept that value of the car for the purpose of determining any income tax that may be due from the winner. SDAM takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities. Consult your tax advisor.
ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTRACT, OR THE BREACH THEREOF, SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION IN CALIFORNIA ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (PURSUANT TO ITS EXPEDITED PROCEDURES) UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES, AND JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF.
Registration with the State of California
By letter from the Attorney General’s office, Sad Diego Automotive Museum has registered with the Department of Justice under Raffle Registration Number 2470. The official registration and financial information regarding San Diego Automotive Museum can be obtained from the Attorney General’s website [at www.ag.ca.gov/charities]. Registration does not imply endorsement.