RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE - PART-TIME
Hourly, part-time with weekly hours averaging under 20 hours per week including weekend shifts, 5-8 hours per shift. Pay rate is $13 per hour. Reports to Community Outreach Manager.
The San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park is home to an outstanding collection of motorized vehicles with the mission to tell the story of the social and technological past, present, and future of motorized vehicles throughout its collections, exhibitions, and educational programs. Our collection is always changing and evolving. The museum opened in December of 1988 and is a non-profit corporation under section 501(c)(3). At the San Diego Automotive Museum, we strive to be as diverse and inclusive as the vehicles we display. Be yourself. Every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience is valued and celebrated here. Everyone is welcome, accepted, and respected. Join us!
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for handling admission and sales transactions in the Museum Store. This position is the first and main contact point between the Museum and the visiting public; appearance and attitude are primary considerations. Sells admission tickets, store merchandise and memberships, and handles cash and credit card transactions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic sales clerk who:
- Is a great communicator. Assists the museum members and visitors in a friendly and courteous manner to provide an amazing visitor experience.
- Is productive. An engaged member of the team interested in the Museum operations and its history as well as Balboa Park.
- Is responsible. Arrives on time, and excels at accurate sales transactions including working with merchandise, counting money, and closing procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to understand and utilize the point of sales computers and cash management system. Six months experience desired.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Good communication skills, written and oral. Ability to speak Spanish or other languages is a plus.
- Demonstrated motivation to interact with the public and staff.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time at a workstation, walking, standing, climbing stairs, lifting/carrying (up to 40lbs.)
If you are the ideal candidate and ready to meet our members and guests, please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org, reference position RSA2020-1.
The San Diego Automotive Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our operation.